The Hellenic Psychological Society (HPS) was founded in 1990 and was headquartered in Thessaloniki (Greece).
The aims of HPS, as specified in its Statutes (Article 3) are :
- to advance research and teaching of psychology;
- to foster scientific discourse and exchange among psychologists who work as teachers and researchers at the universities and research institutes of Greece;
- to support scientific progress among psychologists;
- to disseminate scientific psychological knowledge and to promote mental health among the general public;
- to establish and consolidate social networking among psychologists.